The Educational Benefits of Drama Classes for Kids and Where to Find Afterschool Theatre Groups in Brisbane
Drama and the performing arts can be an essential part of any child’s education. Whether kids perform in theatre productions, help backstage, or just learn about the art in a class setting, the benefits of introducing acting as part of a complete education are significant. Sitting in school, kids can quickly become overwhelmed with theory. Acting gives them opportunities for practical learning, expanding their scope and providing a welcome break from the norm.
How studying acting helps kids grow
A balanced education is just one of the many advantages of participating in kids theatre groups in Brisbane. Young students of acting also learn:
- Valuable life skills, such as self-expression and understanding the value of both positive and negative feedback.
- Creative expression. In drama classes, kids have a chance to explore the depth and richness of all the different forms of human emotion, helping them understand their world better and equipping them to face the challenges they’ll encounter over the years.
- Cognitive development. Acting classes teach students creative thinking, self-confidence, new study techniques, and more.
- Communication skills. When kids participate in group activities, communication between peers is enhanced, and kids also gain cultural leadership opportunities.
- Self-awareness. It’s during acting classes that many kids find their voices. They might discover that they are natural leaders or problem solvers, and they have a chance to build self-confidence, especially important for more reserved or introverted kids.
- Imagination. Acting students find themselves immersed in a creative atmosphere, a space where their imaginations can thrive. Acting can help their sense of self to develop more fully.
- Emotional intelligence. The performing arts are an excellent way for children to learn and rehearse a wide range of emotions. Having an outlet for the emotions kids often find it hard to express is healthy and helps kids grow.
Find afterschool drama classes in Brisbane at Goat Track Theatre
Taking acting classes provides kids with a rich array of benefits, including academic growth. For parents who feel that education should encompass much more than English, maths, and exam outcomes, acting classes can be a wonderful element of a well-rounded holistic education for their children. Goat Track Theatre provides just that. Although we maintain a strong focus on drama and theatre training, we also teach our students about resilience, personal belief, growth mindset, learning and growing from mistakes, and more.
Since 2009, we have been offering acting classes for kids and teens. Our afterschool theatre groups in Brisbane are excellent opportunities for local kids to explore the performing arts and benefit from our years of experience and industry connections. We are not just a group of hobbyists; we are trained professional acting teachers with a wealth of knowledge we love passing on to the next generation of aspiring actors. Our students thrive in a positive, supportive environment and it’s a pleasure to watch them grow in knowledge, skills, and confidence. At Goat Track Theatre, we’re growing greatness. Contact us today to learn more about our classes.